1. How did Max Weber link ideas to historical social change?
2. Discuss David Riesman’s idea about how modernization brings changes in social character.
3. What is “mass society?” What are its major characteristics? Provide a critical assessment of this theory?
4. Why is collective behavior difficult for sociologists to study?
5. Outline the main ideas provided by contagion, convergence, and emergent-norm theories of collective behavior/collective action.
6. Identify four types of social movements. Provide an example of each.
7. Explain the four stages in the life cycle of a social movement.
( answer each in four sentences as an essay question )