I need support with this Business question so I can learn better.
Assume once again that you are a consultant who works for the Diligent Consulting Group. You are continuing to work on the analysis of the customer database from Modules 1 through 3.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Complete the following tasks in the Module 4 SLP assignment template:
- Compare the coefficients of determination (r-squared values) from the three linear regressions: simple linear regression from Module 3 Case, multivariate regression from Module 4 Case, and the second multivariate regression with the logged values from Module 4 Case. Which model had the “best fit”?
- Calculate the residual for the first observation from the simple linear regression model. Recall, the Residual = Observed value – Predicted value or e = y – ŷ.
- What happens to the overall distance between the best fit line and the coordinates in the scatterplot when the residuals shrink?
- What happens to the coefficient of determination when the residuals shrink?
- Consider the r-squared from the linear regression model and the r-squared from the first multivariate regression model. Why did the coefficient of determination change when more variables were added to the model?