Focus: Registered nurses’ scope of practice in Australia
Task: A Reflective Essay
“The aging population, growing consumer expectations, changing disease patterns, increased availability and cost of health-related technology and medicines are straining the Australian health system. The nursing profession represents Australia’s largest regulated health workforce, yet its practice boundaries are poorly understood” (Briks et al., 2016, p.522).
For this reflective essay,
- Define ‘scope of practice’ within nursing .
- Discuss the registered nurses’ scope of practice in terms of the current Australian health care demands.
- Identify one area of clinical practice you wish to pursue after the completion of your nursing degree and reflect why so.
- Develop your reflection on the chosen area of practice, based on your previous clinical placement experience.
- Use research evidence to support your thoughts and facts.
- Use recommended readings and journal articles to develop the essay
- You may write in the 1st person. I want to know your thoughts.
- Avoid long, confusing sentences and check that your tenses (past, present and future) are consistent within the same sentence.
- Work the information into paragraphs.
- Use plain English. It is essential that your meaning is clear and that you demonstrate your understanding of the nature of the topic.
- Write your essay to the marking rubric, as this forms the basis of the marking scheme.
- Use Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point font. Do not use bold type.
- Use 1.5 or double spacing.
- Ensure that you submit this assignment through SafeAssign. The “Draft checking” facility is available to check the quality of your paraphrasing.
- A minimum of 10 peer-reviewed journal articles or texts no more than 5 years old.