For this first written assignment, you will select Vulnerable mothers and children, it will serve as your target population of interest throughout the duration of your next written assignment and Final Project.
write a three page paper that covers the following:
- Discuss the impact that Age, Culture/Ethnicity, and Income have on the vulnerability of your chosen group which is Vulnerable mothers and children
- Analyze the intersection of social, political, and economic factors affecting vulnerability (must address all three factors).
- Draft the design of a new model program, not currently existent within your community. Provide a two- to- three paragraph statement that introduces your proposed community program. This section is tentative and might change as you conduct more research. At a minimum, however, items to address should include:
- An explanation of the issues and risk factors experienced by the selected population.
- An evaluation of the health needs of the group and a proposed continuum of care level (preventive, treatment, or long-term care) based on the group’s issues, risk factors, and needs. Justify the proposed level with supportive research/evidence.
- A description of one to two proposed services your program will include.
Your assignment should be a minimum of three pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and should include a minimum of three scholarly sources cited according to APA guidelines
use this reference, Burkholder, D. M., & Nash, N. B. (2013). Special populations in health care [Electronic version]. in addition to the other three