I have answered these questions, but I’m still very not confident about my work. Could you help me double check it please? I would be greatly appreciate it!
1. The standard free energy change (ΔG°’) of a reaction is positive. This reaction in vivo proceeds:
(c) endergonically or exergonically depending up on the concentrations of reactants and products
(e) at equilibrium
2. Identify the following by their tendency to be a nucleophile or an electrophile:
(a) Carbanion Nucleophile
(b) Carbocation Electrophile
(c) Carbonyl carbon Electrophile
(d) Phosphorous atom in orthophosphate Electrophile
(e) Nitrogen atom in Nitrate (NO3) Electrophile
2. When glucose 6-phosphate is hydrolyzed to glucose, the ratio of the concentration of glucose to the concentration of glucose-6 phosphate at equilibrium is 788 to 1. The gas constant -3-1-1
(A) Calculate free energy change for the reaction under standard conditions.
(Is it correct that the Keq = ln(788))
I got -16.5 kJ
(B) The cellular concentrations of glucose and glucose 6-phosphate are -6 -4
I got -26.9 kJ -> Exergonic
3. List two key factors that endow ATP with a high phosphoryl-transfer potential. What is the reason for ATP’s kinetic stability.
4. Coenzyme A is a carrier of activated
5. The following molecules entered into the glycolytic pathway and were converted into lactate. How much net ATP is generated from each molecule?
(a) Glucose 6-phosphate 3ATP
(b) Dihydroxyacetone phosphate 4ATP
(c) Fructose (in liver) 2ATP
(d) Sucrose 4ATP
(e) Galactose 2ATP
6. Arrange the following in the order of increasing oxidation of their carbon, with the least oxidized species placed on top.