Information Systems in Healthcare – Discussion Post
We are living in an exciting age of technology! Think about it, never before, in the history of mankind, have we had so much information at our fingertips. And at this point, it’s so commonplace, we often take it for granted. I look forward to hear about your favorite and least favorite tools as well as your creative thoughts as to what you might envision in future patient care technologies.
- CO 1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population.
- CO 2: Analyze data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care.
- CO 3: Define standardized terminology that reflects nursing’s unique contribution to patient outcomes.
- CO 4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers.
- CO 5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support nursing practice.
- CO 7: Examine the use of information systems to document interventions related to achieving nurse-sensitive outcomes.
- CO 8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care.
What technology do you find most beneficial to use in your work or school setting? Least beneficial? Why do you find this tool useful or not? Then, using your imagination, look to the future and think about how this tool could be enhanced even further. Describe your dream technology, with consideration for patient care and safety.
(CO 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
- Minimum of 200 words. Please Note: The Course Objectives listed above are to only help provide an idea of the things learned throughout the course in hope to acquire a great answer to this assignment.
- NO PLAGIARISM
DUE: 4/17/20 @ 5PM, Eastern standard time.