NURS2010: Managing Care in Professional Practice- Clinical Rationale- Nursing Assignment Help
This is about a Pain Assessment Strategy a Registered Nurse can use when responding to a patient’s pain experience.
When you begin this assignment in FLO you will be presented with a jumbled set of eight clinical steps which you are to order (1 to 8) into a functional Pain Assessment Strategy. Functional refers to a focussed, clinically reasoned, and effective nursing response to deal with a patient’s
pain experience. Therefore the order you select will need to make sense in a logical and responsive manner and lead to a likely reduction in a patient’s pain experience. The weekly readings in Module 4 on FLO asked you to read Tollefson & Hillman (2016) pages 78-82.
You are to discuss each of the eight steps you selected in Part A in approximately 250 words (8×250=2000).
• the ordering of the eight pain assessment steps – e.g. why and how does this order provide a good approach to assessing a patient’s pain?
• Professional Practice – e.g. why/how does each step display/reflect professionalism?
• Clinical Reasoning and Critical thinking- e.g. why/how each step demonstrates CR & CT?
• Provision and Coordination of care e.g. why/how do these steps demonstrate coordinated care?
• Collaborative and therapeutic practice e.g. why/how do these steps demonstrate C&T Practice?