SPSS Assignment #1: One-Way (Goodnessof-fit) & Two-Way (Association) Chi-Squared
In a word document, which you will upload onto Blackboard, please complete to following parts of this assignment. Be sure to copy and p e any significant information (e.g., charts, graphs, figures) from SPSS into your word docume t.
Part A: A researcher is conducting a study to dete ne which basketball team Texans prefer, the Houston Rockets (1), San Antonio Spurs ( ), or Dallas Mavericks (3). Using Data Set A, run an SPSS analysis for this assignment, conduct the appropriate test to see which team individuals prefer. Your assignment should include the following:
- State your null & research hypothe • es: 2. State the appropriate measure of ce tral tendency for each variable: 3. Copy and Paste your SPSS output: – Note: Be sure to label your variables appropriately for your output.
- Include any additional statistics effect size) appropriate for this analysis: – Note: You may need to calculate some statistics yourself, if not provided by SPSS.
- Give a rationale for why you needed to use the specific analysis that you chose:
- Using APA style, write up your pr cedure & results sections (in two separate paragraphs — like in your textbook) for the out ome:
Part B: The researcher also wanted to discern wh er the individuals in this study varied in their responses, depending on whether they liv d in South Texas (1) or North Texas (2). Using Data Set B, run an SPSS analysis for this assi ent, conduct the appropriate test to see whether the team preference found in part A of the ass gnment was related to the individuals living in South or North Texas. Your assignment should i elude the following:
- State your null & research hypoth = ses: 2. State the appropriate measure of c ntral tendency for each variable: 3. Copy and Paste your SPSS output – Note: Be sure to label your v iables appropriately for your output. 4. Include any additional statistics (e.g., effect size) appropriate for this analysis: