Please pay attention to the information below
five references not less than 5years
71 year old African American male re-living in the long term facility with diagnosis of Anxiety disorder and depression. Patient on sertraline 25mg at bedtime. Patient was seen by psych MD and no medication was recommended. Stable at this time
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 4.
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5), explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.