PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE SCENARIO
Note: Patient is 65years old African American female, alert and oriented x2 with confusion. Resident has a diagnoses of paranoid Schizophrenia and dementia. Patient is on Risperdal 4mg 1 tab PO at bedtime and Haldol 10mg Q6hour PRN for agitation. Patient was seen by psychiatrist on 01/25/2020 and no medication reduction was recommended. Patient remains stable at this time. Patient will be seen again in three months.
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5), explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.