http://mynursingaffiliate.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo-300x60.png 0 0 developer http://mynursingaffiliate.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo-300x60.png developer2020-09-03 13:00:342020-09-03 13:00:34Question: QUESTION 1 When drawing a Lewis structure for a covalent compound, you need to know the total number of valence electrons for the compound....
- When drawing a Lewis structure for a covalent compound, you need to know the total number of valence electrons for the compound. How many valence electrons are there for Cl2CO?
- What is the molecular geometry of PBr3?
- A.trigonal pyramidal
- B.trigonal planar
- How many dots would be shown for the Lewis dot structure of strontium, Sr?
- Which of the following molecules have Lewis structures with lone pairs of electrons on the center atom?
- D.All of them
- Draw a suitable Lewis structure for Li2S. In the structure,
- A.each lithium atom makes one bond to sulfur.
- B.there are two lithium ions each with a +1 charge and and one sulfide ion with four pairs of electrons and a -2 charge.
- C.there are wto lithium atoms and one sulfur atom with 6 electrons.
- D.there are two sulfide ions and one lithium ion.
- What is the expected bond angle of PBr3?
- Which of the following has polar bonds but is nonpolar?
- D.All of them
- The electron geometry and the molecular geometry of SCl2 are, respectively:
- A.tetrahedral, bent
- B.tetrahedral, trigonal pyramidal
- C.trigonal planar, bent
- D.linear, linear
- Which molecule listed below is a polar molecule?
- D.All of them.
- Which of the following compounds would require a Lewis structure that shows electrons were transferred (ionic) instead of being shared (covalent)?