Step 1: Record your time for 7 days
Step 2: Think about the top three things you value most, maybe school, family, work, your health, etc. and record for later use.
Step 3: Add up how much time you spent over the entire week in the following categories:
- School work
Step 4: Divide the hours you spent in each category by 168 (the total number of hours in a 7 day period).
Ex. Sleeping – 36 hrs. / 168 = 0.2142857
Move the decimal place two places to the right and drop the remaining numbers to determine the percentage.
Ex. 0.214 = 21%
Step 5: Create a pie chart or bar chart that represents the categories above and your values. Illustrate how much of your time was spent doing each activity.
Step 6: Based on your results from the pie chart, reflect on your time management. Write a paragraph (7 -10 sentences) addressing the following questions:
- Overall, are you satisfied with how you spent your time?
- How does the time you spend align with your values?
- In what three areas are you spending the most time?
- Are there areas for which you are spending too little time?
- If you were to make two changes to your schedule to align with your values, what would they be and why?
You may print a copy of this assignment Here.
You may print a copy of a 24 hour weekly schedule Here.
Click here to learn how to make a pie chart.(Links to an external site.)
Click here to view a student example of this assignment.